Click for Hawker Click for Dassault Click for YachtForums Click for Boeing Click for Daher-Socata

Abercrombie - Pilot/attendant wardrobe req's

Discussion in 'Jet Aviation Discussion' started by aviator4512, Oct 22, 2012.

1. aviator4512

aviator4512 New Member

I have copied the link for an interesting article regarding Abercrombie's flight department procedures which I found to be interesting.

http://bottomline.nbcnews.com/_news...briefs-on-flight-attendants-lawsuit-says?lite

To give some brief background, like on yachts, many aircraft owners have certain policies, procedures, and preferences. Most owners have a favorite seat when aboard, or request that certain food/beverages/movies be aboard the aircraft. Some owners mandate uniforms which can range from formal pilot-wear, to slacks and a polo, but Mr. Jeffries requirements are pretty exccentric. Flip Flops while climbing on/off an airplane with luggage, catering, and other things aren't exactly the smartest idea - let alone with snow on the ground. Glad I don't work for him!
  2. travler

travler New Member

sounds like this guy is from a diffrent planet
  3. Norseman

Norseman Member

Never heard of the brand...Perhaps I am not a jock..:rolleyes:

As for in-flight attire:

That was the beauty of flying long haul freight: The pilot uniforms was just for getting from the hotel to the plane: Once onboard we would often change to t-shirts, shorts and sneakers.
    One time we landed in Siberia for fuel and the Russians placed armed guards outside the airplane so none of the crew would try to escape into the cold wilderness...In our shorts and t-shirts, -40 outside and blowing hard..Not a chance.:rolleyes:

We would often fly into Lagos and did not have cash to bribe the right people for speedy fuel delivery and would often wait 8 hours for fuel. The airplane had a broken apu and with no external A/C, it would be 100 degrees (F) inside the plane as we had to have all doors and hatches closed to keep malaria infested mosqitos out of the plane. Tried to sleep but were rolling around in sweat. shorts and t-shirts were the perfect uniform then.:cool:
  4. travler

travler New Member

ahhh... the joys of flying to remote places

travler