Click for Embraer Click for Boeing Click for Gulfstream Click for HondaJet Click for Dassault

Aerion As2 Supersonic Business Jet

Discussion in 'Jet Aviation Discussion' started by Jet News, May 8, 2015.

1. Jet News

Jet News JF News Editor Staff Member

Okay so many of us have heard about this jet. It's currently being tinkered with in the developmental stages but Aerion is trying to get it from there and into the real world. Interestingly, you may remember Embraer's former head Ernie Edwards retired as their president and I guess we thought he was going to kick back and relax... instead he turns up at Aerion! He as now been enlisted into the Senior Vice President role at Aerion and will be responsible for brining the Aerion As2 Supersonic Business jet to market.

Attached Files:

2. Jet News

For those who do not know what the aircraft looks like... here is a decent render of it... over the wing mount type engines... very Honda Jet like.

Attached Files:

3. JetForums

JetForums Publisher/Admin

4. Vlieënier

Vlieënier New Member

More Airbus Supersonic News:
    The company has filed a U.S. patent application for a supersonic airplane that could fly commercial passengers at speeds up to Mach 4.5. The plans show the hydrogen-fueled airplane would take off vertically, propelled by turbojets, then a rocket engine and wing-mounted ramjets would propel the aircraft as high as 100,000 feet. The aircraft then would transition to level flight. The cool trick here, (if it works) is that the flight profile would minimize the sonic boom impact on the surface, allowing intracontinental travel. All this according to an Airbus release.
  5. JetForums

JetForums Publisher/Admin

Thank you Vlieenier and welcome to JetForums!
  6. Vlieënier

Vlieënier New Member

And, Thank You. I hope that I might contribute as much as I gain.
  7. Jet News

Another key individual joins Aerion. He is Sean McGeough, the former head of Nextant Aerospace. Over at Aerion he will be responsible for driving growth strategy for the NorthEast of the US- a region that is expected to show some of the strongest demand for the AS2 jet. The orderbook for this fabulously fast supersonic Mach 1.5 business jet opened back in May 2015.