Click for HondaJet Click for Daher-Socata Click for Gulfstream Click for Gulfstream Click for Embraer

Aviators? Jet Pilots? Who's here?

Discussion in 'Jet Aviation Discussion' started by aviator4512, Jul 17, 2012.

1. aviator4512

aviator4512 New Member

I figured I would start a thread so we can get to know some of the JF members. As many of us have visited Yacht Forums over the years, JF has some equally intelligent people who have some connection with jet aviation. If you would, please write a little bit about yourself and what brings you here to JF.

I am an avid boater, but am also a licensed Private pilot. With that said, I have had the pleasure of doing some flying in various parts of the country. After studying business aviation at Embry-Riddle in Daytona Beach, I continued to pursue my passion for aviation within the aviation insurance industry. My role as an insurance broker is to design and procure insurance to keep these costly assets (and their respective owners) protected. The best part about my job is that I get to work with a diverse group of aviation businesses whether they are jet operators, or businesses that keep these jets flying (FBOs, MROs, parts distributors, aircraft sales companies, charter/management companies, etc). I enjoy sharing my passion for aviation, meeting successful folks within the industry as well as learning more every day.

I'll look forward to learning about some of the other folks aboard here at JF!
  2. fsxnate

fsxnate New Member

Hi, my name is Nate. I just became a member of the Jet Forums.
  3. aviator4512

aviator4512 New Member

Welcome Nate, good to see you on here.
  4. travler

travler New Member

JOHN

here i 'am into any thing fast air planes boats race cars

and have owned and drove all of the above
  5. MikeH

MikeH New Member

I am a retired Airline Pilot, USAF fighter pilot..cfii, light aircraft owner, etc..Although I no longer fly, Aviation is still my first love, and I enjoy chatting with people like YOU! about the profession/sport we all enjoy.
  6. travler

travler New Member

MIKE

welcome to the group i'am sure once it gets going there will be a lot of good conversation

travler
  7. travler

travler New Member

aviator & nate glad to see more people getting involved

travler
  8. JWY

JWY New Member

I am a yacht broker and sometimes contributor to YachtForums. I have an aviation background in a similar way that I got my megayacht sailboat experience - through my ex-husband.

My airplane through marriage ownership started with a King Air 300, then progressed through the Lear jets from 25 to 35 to 55. Our L55 Longhorn was the show plane at the Paris air show and was spectacular.

A few years post-divorce when I decided to join the ranks of employed, I considered becoming an airplane broker, but had vastly more time on boats. I guess that's a consequence of 8 knots vs 400mph :D

Judy
  9. aviator4512

aviator4512 New Member

Welcome JWY. Sounds like you have some good background on land and sea. Brokering jets is much like the yacht brokerage industry - extremely cut-throat. Either way, sounds like you enjoy what you do and glad to have another person onboard over here at JF!
  10. Jet News

Jet News JF News Editor Staff Member

I'm Ron. :)
  11. Viceroy

Viceroy New Member

YYJ - Victoria, B.C.

I live in Sidney, on Vancouver Island, the location of Victoria's Int'l Airport. Shell has one of two executive flight centers for private and executive aircraft here and Vancouver Island Helicopters has a large base. There is Canadian military presence (Helicopter base), currently being enlarged for training and maintenance. I'm not a pilot but have a number of colleagues who are. Commercially, I have over 5,000 hours in the air...in the back seats. Cheers, Richard.
  12. Norseman

Norseman Member

Hi from Fort Lauderdale.

I fly for living, mostly B-757s for a major airline. (occasionaly the B-767-300, a much more comfortable place to work)

Also a USCG licensed Captain and ex-Merchant Marine Sailor, galley, engine- room and deck.

Also ex fire fighter, taxi and truck driver, etc..Jack of many trades...:rolleyes:
  13. aviator4512

aviator4512 New Member

Hi Norseman -

Glad to see you on here from YF. You flying mainly domestic or International and what airport are you based out of?

Ryan
  14. Norseman

Norseman Member

Based in MIA, flying mostly International: Last trip was Lima in Peru, before that I don't remember..:rolleyes: It turns into a blur, but did 73.5 hours in Luly and 84 hours for June. Good job, but I prefer to fly about 30 hours a month, less jetlag more playtime at home..:D
  15. aviator4512

aviator4512 New Member

Roger that. At least you're not running the Olympic "shuttles"... I imagine those guys are working their duty days pretty hard!
  16. travler

travler New Member

NORSEMAN

GLAD TO SEE YOU OVER HERE

travler
  17. Norseman

Norseman Member

Thanks...:)
  18. Milow232

Milow232 New Member

Hey, I guess some know me as a YF member, I have a big interest in jets even if I as a newbie have no expierience/knowledge. That is why I registered here to learn more and to support Carls newest project!
    cheers,
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  19. DieselDriver

DieselDriver New Member

Hello all from San Diego.

I fly GA aircraft for a living. I have been self employed as a contract pilot for the last four years flying PC-12, Citation 500, 501 Stallion and 550. I have also been Chief Pilot at two charter companies and I have run a one airplane flight department for a corporation.

Right now I am flying a Cessna 421 air ambulance which keeps me close to home. I would like to do a little more travelling to add to my logbook however. I've flown most of the USA, Canada, Mexico, and some Central and South America. Have also flown the bush in Baja California and southern Africa.

I too am a truck driver, hence my screen name. I look forward to participating in your forum.

DD
  20. Norseman

Norseman Member

First jet I ever flew...Nice machine once ya got used to it..

;)[​IMG]