Click for Westport Click for Daher-Socata Click for Gulfstream Click for Bombardier Click for HondaJet

El Al emergency landing in London

Discussion in 'Jet Aviation Discussion' started by JWY, Jul 19, 2012.

1. JWY

JWY New Member

El Al flite 318 left Heathrow enroute to Tel Aviv this morning and 20 minutes into the flight an explosion was heard and flames seen coming from one of the engines. The plane returned to Heathrow, with smoke filling the cabin, and safely landed.

England must have looked like another holy land to the passengers! Thankfully all 411 passengers and crew were safe.

Judy
  2. travler

travler New Member

thank's judy i don't think i will tell my wife she is on a flite as we speak for london have fun , we have had a few real nice day's in A K

JOHN
  3. JWY

JWY New Member

John, nice to see your valued participation on JF.

I've heard about the airport confusion and Olympic crowds at Heathrow and hope your wife was flying private. We used to fly in to Luton and it's a different world.

Weather has been rather warm everywhere but your neck of the woods. FLL has been in the 90's with real feel temps in the hundreds.

Stay cool, more ways than one.

Judy
  4. Norseman

Norseman Member

El Al has a good safety record considering all the crazed terrorist who have tried for decades to hi-jack and/or blow up El Al flights.

I flew them first in the 70s and security then inspected the tooth paste in the tube by squeezing it out and feeling / sniffing the product. Quite impressive.