Click for Hawker Click for Gulfstream Click for Bombardier Click for Gulfstream Click for YachtForums

embraer 300

Discussion in 'Jet Aviation Discussion' started by travler, Jul 17, 2012.

1. travler

travler New Member

does anyone have any first hand experiance with this plane pilot or owner

travler
  2. aviator4512

aviator4512 New Member

Travler - good too see you on here, I recognize the name from YF. We insure a few on both Pt. 91 and Pt. 135 and all of the owners/pilots have been pleased with them so far. A little more room in back compared to the 100 and reliable service from Embraer. People tend to look favorably towards the Phenoms when compared to the Eclipse 500...
  3. travler

travler New Member

thanks for the input how does it compare to the cj 3 for short fields 3400 ft
    on a wet day any knowledge there or any real numbers

travler
  4. aviator4512

aviator4512 New Member

Travler,

Check this link out - it is a few years old, but is still applicable.

http://www.mustangwiki.net/w/page/6197946/CJ3, CJ4, Phenom 300 Comparison

The Phenom is a little faster with a longer range, not to mention a little more spacious in back. Takeoff/landing distances are almost identical, even though the Phenom is quite a bit heavier. Keep in mind the range on the 300 is based on long-range cruise (slower cruise speed). Once again, I don't have any experience in the cockpit of the 300, but thought this might be helpful in answering your question.
  5. travler

travler New Member

aviator

thanks for the input. i did sit in the left front seat the other day and think it was a little more cramped then the CJ's, but the back is more comfy and my wife liked it better. i'm going to fly one here in the near future and will report back when i do.

have fun. travler
  6. aviator4512

aviator4512 New Member

Sounds good Travler, I'll look forward to hearing about it. I've spent some time in the back of a few CJ's and it can be tight with a few people/dogs on board. Seems like most manufacturers are placing more focus on cabin comfort these days which includes the turbo-prop market.
  7. travler

travler New Member

i know what you are saying that's why i still like the king air 200 it might not be as fast or fly as far or as high but it has room

travler