Click for Gulfstream Click for Embraer Click for Piper Click for Bombardier Click for Westport

Gulfstream Jet Crash in France

Discussion in 'Jet Aviation Discussion' started by Fishtigua, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Fishtigua

Fishtigua New Member

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  2. JetForums

JetForums Publisher/Admin

Very sad news indeed! The news piece in the Google feed said it broke apart on landing. Had this happened on approach, this might be grounds for grounding.
  3. Fenderapache

Fenderapache New Member

Any theories as to what caused the accident?
  4. wdrzal

wdrzal New Member

Anyone else notice in first link that the thrust reverser was deployed on the port engine? One of the pilots deployed the reversers after the weight was on the gear.
  5. JetForums

JetForums Publisher/Admin

The depth of field on that shot is strange. Notice the damage to the tree trunks, about 6-8' off the ground. Shameful speculation at this point, but it appears this is where the wings were sheered off? With the reversing bucket(s) clearly deployed, it would indicate this jet was already on the ground before it crashed?

Attached Files:

6. aviator4512

aviator4512 New Member

Sounds like the management/charter company has some issues from what I can take from the one article. I don't know any 24 year olds flying in heavy equipment like Gulfstreams. Heavier business jet pilots - whether PIC or SIC - generally have a flight background with thousands of hours experience, which would be difficult to acheive by age 24. As an Embry-Riddle graduate myself, it is very sad and my thoughts and prayers go out to the families involved.

http://www.examiner.com/article/for...chanic-speaks-out-about-gulfstream-g-iv-crash

http://www.news-journalonline.com/n...led-in-airplane-crash-in-southern-france.html