Click for Embraer Click for Gulfstream Click for Gulfstream Click for Piper Click for Dassault

Rare Birds!

Discussion in 'Jet Aviation Discussion' started by hepotec, Jul 10, 2012.

1. hepotec

hepotec New Member

A couple of years ago I was very happy to get up to the Windermere Air Show (One of the UK's smaller free air shows) as Vulcan XH558 was visiting. I remember seeing the Vulcans at air shows as a child and just being totally awestruck by the size, beauty and above all, the sheer noise of one of these iconic cold war beasts in a flat out climb :eek:

I wasn't at all disappointed as the sight and sound of XH558 flying over the hills and lakes of the Lake District was stunning. The shots here really don't do it justice, but I hope you enjoy :)

Attached Files:

2. hepotec

hepotec New Member

And a couple more;

Attached Files:

3. JetForums

JetForums Publisher/Admin

Hepotec,

I started a new thread for your XH558 pics titled; Rare Birds! I thought this might become a popular subject...
  4. hepotec

hepotec New Member

Sounds good to me and I'll certainly look forward to seeing more :)
  5. hepotec

hepotec New Member

Ok, here's a few Saabs from last years trip to Sweden. If you ever have an afternoon to spare around Gothenburg, I can well recommend a trip to the Aeroseum. It's inside an ex Swedish Airforce bunker and has some great exhibits. (Space can be a bit tight to get decent photos it must be said :rolleyes:) They even have a couple of simulators you can have a go in, a Cessna and a Draken, or it might be a Viggen, I've slept since then :D

Saab 32 Lansing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. hepotec

hepotec New Member

Saab 29 Tunnen

[​IMG]

Saab 35 Draken

[​IMG]

Saab 37 Viggen

[​IMG]
  7. JetForums

I visited Gothenburg about 6 years ago on a press event sponsored by Volvo-Penta. I would have enjoyed seeing this facility, but immediately following the event, we were shuttled off on a high-speed train across Sweden for a weekend in Stockholm. Sorry I missed the Saab museum!
  8. hepotec

hepotec New Member

It's not just a Saab museum, they just happened to be the best shots of jets I had :D They have a large selection showing the history of flight including gliders, helicopters and even a large display of fantasticly well made models. Very definitely worth a look if you're ever there again.
  9. JetForums

My bad! Should have looked at the link. Juggling more then my cerebral capacity these days.
  10. hepotec

hepotec New Member

:D no worries, I know the feeling LOL!!