Click for Gulfstream Click for Boeing Click for Bombardier Click for Daher-Socata Click for Gulfstream

Ten reasons why Ford should buy Hawker Beechcraft

Discussion in 'Jet Aviation Discussion' started by aviator4512, Aug 31, 2012.

1. aviator4512

aviator4512 New Member

I thought this article might be of interest from AIN - one of the leading aviation publications. It gives some good rational as to why it would make sense for Ford. In a time where everything seems to be outsourced/acquired by China, it would be nice to see Hawker/Beech stay a US-owned company. By the same token, our family owns a Ford dealership, and I have to say that just because the company is making a profit doesn't mean they should jump right into a potentially disastrous situation - particularly with the current state of the economy. Your Thoughts?

http://ainonline.com/aviation-news/...asons-ford-motor-should-buy-hawker-beechcraft
  2. JetForums

JetForums Publisher/Admin

Good link and an interesting read. The author has vision. I believe civilian aviation is poised for a comeback to replenish an aging fleet. The adaption of newer low-drag designs, expanding digital technologies and even diesel powerplants could usher in a new era in general aviation. Ford could very well do for aviation what Henry did for transportation.
  3. Old Phart

Old Phart New Member