Click for Boeing Click for HondaJet Click for Hawker Click for Dassault Click for Westport

Travel Writer Hitchhikes on Airplanes To 50 US States

Discussion in 'Jet Aviation Discussion' started by JetHikingGypsy, Oct 22, 2012.

1. JetHikingGypsy

JetHikingGypsy New Member

Hi everyone!
    I am a travel writer who is "hitching" rides on GA planes across the across US in an effort to visit all 50 states. I've done 12 states so far, checked out Oshkosh, and am in Portland right now.

I'm trying to head to California this/next week and after that, I'm trying to zip around the southwest knock out a few more states. You can follow my trip on JetHiking.com (I'm blogging about it) and we are working on a PBS TV series. However, right now it's just me while we search for more sponsors.

If anyone can help me out please let me know!
    Thanks!
    Amber
  2. aviator4512

aviator4512 New Member

Amber-

I had an opportunity to read your blogs. Pretty fascinating story and sounds like an adventure. Good luck and fly safe!
  3. JetHikingGypsy

Thanks! It's been fun so far:) Challenging, but I'm loving every minute of it! I took some introductory flying classes yesterday and I'm afraid I may have been bitten by the bug.
  4. Norseman

Norseman Member

Way to go, fly your own craft instead of bumming rides.
    Even better, get paid to fly, then you write a blog...:cool:
  5. travler

travler New Member

i was bitten buy the bug 45 years ago and made an amazing discovery. if i wanted to fly much i had better get a real job! Since then, it has worked out pretty well. good luck in your travels.

travler
  6. JetForums

JetForums Publisher/Admin

Thumbing it on runways. Who woulda thunk it! You gotta love a girl with her feet firmly planted in the air...! :)
  7. travler

travler New Member

and just when you thought you had heard it all LOL

TRAVLER
  8. Norseman

Norseman Member

Hmm, thread very carefully with that statement..:p
  9. travler

travler New Member

i am waiting to see some one at the edge of the taxie way with there thumb out trying to hitch a ride

travler
  10. JetHikingGypsy

Travler- I haven't tried that yet...but I might linger at some of the FBOs. I just toured General Electric Aviation to learn about the jet engines...Now I am in San Francisco looking for a lift out. The challenge of course will be Hawaii so if anyone has any suggestions on how to get the ball rolling on that...let me know.
  11. travler

travler New Member

well i am glad you are doing well. as far as the islands, the best i can do is a tug out of seattle for I won't be flying over there for a while. just went from the bay to china 2 weeks ago. home for a while. if i have any brain storms i will let you know

happy holidays travler
  12. CapLady

CapLady New Member

After seeing this thread I thought I'd give it a try! I need to go from the Ft Lauderdale area to Bocas Del Toro Panama in 5 or 6 days. 4900' airstrip. Anybody want to give me a ride? : - )