Click for Boeing Click for Embraer Click for HondaJet Click for YachtForums Click for Bombardier

Aircraft tracking could be changing in the near future

Discussion in 'Jet Aviation Discussion' started by aviator4512, Jul 29, 2012.

1. aviator4512

aviator4512 New Member

Here is a recent article on how two guys are trying to find away around NBAA's BARR program which allows corporate/private aircraft owners to block their tail numbers from being tracked for security purposes. Not sure how effective it will be with the "speech" oriented approach, but I can guarantee you that their are going to be some unhappy folks out there... You may recall that the US government lifted the BARR program for a short time about a year ago citing it is public information, but it was later overturned and aircraft went back into their routes of secrecy. Chime in - Do you think this should be made public or do you think that aircraft owners should have the right to block their aircraft from tracking?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygre...ate-jets-openbarr-tracks-untrackable-flights/
  2. travler

travler New Member

YES I DO think we have the wright to block the tail number and the flight in today's world it is not un comman to have the life of corp exec's threatned and have the crew of the plane put in very un comfortable positions that could be life altering, i have also herd of things happening to ground,support crew's just for being associated with a particular plane or co i'ts owned buy , this is a very sencetive area that will take a lot of thought before a real dission can be made

travler