Click for Piper Click for YachtForums Click for Embraer Click for Dassault Click for Gulfstream

Beechcraft leads Australia's Business Turboprop market

1. Beechcraft Continues to Lead Australia’s Business Turboprop Market

According to Beechcraft, which is displaying a King Air 350i turboprop this week at the Australian International Airshow and Aerospace & Defence Exposition, research1 shows that Australia represents one of the largest business turboprop markets outside of North America, with a total of 285 aircraft. Beechcraft products represent a 53 percent share of the Australian business turboprop market, and deliveries of King Airs to the country have increased by more than half over the past decade. This growth in demand has propelled the total business turboprop fleet size in Australia to 285 aircraft, accounting for approximately 43 percent of the total number across Asia Pacific, and Beechcraft expects this figure to continue growing.

“Due to its size and geography, air travel is particularly important for businesses in Australia,” said Ted Farid, vice president, Beechcraft Asia-Pacific Sales. “This is reflected in the size of the turboprop fleet in Australia. Turboprops such as the King Air 350i and King Air 350ER provide the perfect solution as they combine the range needed to make business air travel in Australia convenient with the performance and efficiency that make it accessible and viable.” The King Air’s popularity in Australia can be attributed to a number of factors, notably its range, flexibility and reliability. The King Air 350i can carry eight passengers up to 2,750km (1,485nm) on a single tank of fuel – far enough for nonstop cross-country flights from Adelaide to Perth or Darwin. Furthermore, the King Air’s flexibility makes take-off and landing at the majority of Australia’s 130-plus2 airfields with unpaved runways possible, while its enhanced performance ensures that it can fly in adverse conditions such as the highs of 50°C (122°F) seen in some areas of the country.

For more information:

Beechcraft
    9709 E. Central Avenue
    Wichita, KS 67206
    www.hawkerbeechcraft.com

***​