Click for Bombardier Click for YachtForums Click for Piper Click for Westport Click for Cessna

Hypersonic Flight Breakthrough?

Discussion in 'Jet Aviation Discussion' started by JetForums, Dec 3, 2012.

1. JetForums

JetForums Publisher/Admin

As a former propulsion engineer turned publisher, anything that results in forward momentum is good news. While getting wired on go-juice this morning, I came across this article on Wired...

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2012/11/reaction-engines-hypersonic/

The breakthrough in breaking Mach 5 is REL's research in heat exchanger technology...

For more info...
    www.reactionengines.co.uk/about.html

***​

Attached Files:

2. KCook

KCook New Member

The, err, "plumbing" between the intake compressor and the nozzles looks very different from the usual turbojet. Too bad they do not explain how that works.

Kelly
  3. travler

travler New Member

as i look back on my career and look at the changes that have taken place, i can't wait to see what can happen in the next 40 plus years.

travler
  4. Jet News

Jet News JF News Editor Staff Member

Well how about a 'Spaceliner' doing Mach 24 by the year 2050. Mach 24, 6.5 km per second. the SpaceLiner design would ride on the back of a rocket, speeding through the upper atmosphere. Basically it would mean getting from the U.S to Europe in a little over an hour. It would also mean ticket prices upwards of $100,000. Not likely!

***​

Attached Files: