Click for Daher-Socata Click for HondaJet Click for Dassault Click for Boeing Click for Westport

Megafactories: Learjet

Discussion in 'Learjet Jets' started by PropBet, Oct 17, 2012.

1. PropBet

PropBet New Member

Came across this in the watch list. Great video on the building a Learjet 60XR.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZEIWVhAhrA8
  2. Norseman

Norseman Member

14 Million Dollars...?

Perhaps I am the anti-christ on this forum but looking at the $14 MILL price tag for a Lear, I was thinking B-737-500.

Probably the least popular FLUF (B-737) but it still sports the fan engines and a fairly low weight for being a Boeing with a fairly low fuel consumption. And it could probably be had for a fairly low price and a re-do interior and a C-check could be had for another low price..?

Twice the size jet of a Lear for half the price..?

Yup, more fuel burn and slower speed but come on here guys: Most of this Private Jet thingy is to show off and a Boeing on the ramp gives ya a bit more milage than the Lear next door...?
  3. PropBet

PropBet New Member

I'd take the L60 long before I would feed and maintain the 737. If you look at the numbers side by side, it's remarkable.

Also, keep in mind, this is fresh from the factory. Nice L60's can be found in the 5M range all day long. Not timed engines or beat up workhorses. Machines on maintenance programs that are ready for use.

When my Father first started looking at them, (used) they were in the 8-ish price point. 2008 came, and they went to the 5's, nearly overnight. Granted, I'm biased to the L60 because of this.
  4. Norseman

Norseman Member

Yeah, if money was not an object, a shiny new jet would be nice, but money is an object for most of us, hence bang for the buck in my book. :cool:
  5. JetForums

JetForums Publisher/Admin

Good documentary. From cutting the first fuse ribs to lift-off in 45 minutes. Stark contrast to a shipyard!
  6. Jet News

Jet News JF News Editor Staff Member

Funny enough I am now watching this same link and was about to post it here and then found out it already exists 3 months now...
  7. Keith Cook

Keith Cook New Member

There was a great show I stumbled upon flipping channels late one night..."Factory Floor with Marshall Brain - Learjet." It was all about building the Lear 45. It took the viewer from the manufacture of the fuselage in Belfast, to the wing construction in Canada, and to final assembly and test flight in Wichita. I went as far as emailing Marshall and receiving a response from him. He stated the rights to the series are owned by National Geographic. I tried calling NatGeo and Learjet. I never got a response. Its a fantastic expose' if anyone can find a source.