Click for HondaJet Click for Cessna Click for Hawker Click for Daher-Socata Click for Westport

News: SyberJet Aircraft Working Towards First Flight of SJ30i

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SJ30i From SyberJet Moving Towards First Flight

The SyberJet has been around for a while as the SJ30 but now the company is looking to bring to market but first certification, the SJ30i. This would be the natural upgrade to the original light jet. Rich Reisberg (Engineering Director) and Doug Gore (Production Director & SyberVision™ Project Manager) have been around this process for a long time, about 20 years or so. They saw the original SJ30-2 article from design, manufacture and certification and now have a similar task with the much more modern and upgraded SJ30i.
  2. SyberJet claims this aircraft is the fastest light jet in the world and is expected when they pair the new SyberVision avionics and brand new interior and production alternations, this will be a winning combination for the company. Based on the experience of production and engineering personnel at SJA during previous aircraft builds SJA decided this was a good time to create engineered wire harnesses to reduce cost, flow time, and have a more consistent, quality product. An engineered wire harness is developed using software tools to develop the beginning and end points, capture wire length cut data, model it in three dimensions along with all of the other mechanical systems and aircraft structure, develop a single routing path for each harness, and use that resulting data to develop the form boards.
  3. In the cockpit, the avionics will be having a boost with the SyberVision™ upgrade. SyberVision™ is a Honeywell based product with up to four 12-inch displays and a host of features including synthetic vision, a moving map display system, electronics charts, TCAS II, dual flight management systems (FMS), graphical flight planning, and on board weather radar. Two variants of this aircraft are supposed to be available the SJ30i which would be more of the standard upgraded version and the SJ30X which is a more powerful variant. The SJ30i will be using a pair of Williams International FJ44-2A engines while the SJ30X will have FJ44-3AP. The 2,500 nautical mile range light jet tentatively should cost customers around 8 million dollars.

For more information:

SyberJet Aircraft
    526 North Aviation Way
    Cedar City, UT 84721
    www.syberjet.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.