Click for YachtForums Click for Bombardier Click for Gulfstream Click for Cessna Click for Dassault

Ten reasons why Ford should buy Hawker Beechcraft

Discussion in 'Jet Aviation Discussion' started by aviator4512, Aug 31, 2012.

1. aviator4512

aviator4512 New Member

I thought this article might be of interest from AIN - one of the leading aviation publications. It gives some good rational as to why it would make sense for Ford. In a time where everything seems to be outsourced/acquired by China, it would be nice to see Hawker/Beech stay a US-owned company. By the same token, our family owns a Ford dealership, and I have to say that just because the company is making a profit doesn't mean they should jump right into a potentially disastrous situation - particularly with the current state of the economy. Your Thoughts?

http://ainonline.com/aviation-news/...asons-ford-motor-should-buy-hawker-beechcraft
  2. JetForums

JetForums Publisher/Admin

Good link and an interesting read. The author has vision. I believe civilian aviation is poised for a comeback to replenish an aging fleet. The adaption of newer low-drag designs, expanding digital technologies and even diesel powerplants could usher in a new era in general aviation. Ford could very well do for aviation what Henry did for transportation.
  3. Old Phart

Old Phart New Member