Click for Westport Click for Boeing Click for Piper Click for Hawker Click for Embraer

Welcome to JetForums!

Discussion in 'Jet Aviation Discussion' started by JetForums, Jun 24, 2012.

1. JetForums

JetForums Publisher/Admin

A few of you are here initially by invitation to help get JF airborne. We are fortunate to have some high time pilots and owners on YF who expressed an interest in this new community. People such as yourselves are the reason YF is successful.

I've laid the foundation for JetForums, but ultimately your discussions will determine the kind of people JF attracts and the resource we build, collectively.

Initially, it's important to have relevant discussions; the kind of topics that pilots and owners will benefit from.

Thanks to all!

Carl
  2. Spuds3

Spuds3 New Member

Thanks for the invite. Should be fun!

Don
  3. travler

travler New Member

Carl,

Thanks for the invitation. I have every reason to believe this will be a huge success, as is YachtForums. Hopefully I can be an asset, not a liability

Keep your nose up in the turns!

Travler
  4. MikeH

MikeH New Member

Thanks for the invite..I am looking forward to the Forums.
  5. CaptTom

CaptTom Member

Hey Carl,
    Congratulations on bringing JF from a distant dream to reality. All of your hard work and countless hours have now resulted in the birth of a new, valuable forum. Your dedication will help bring JF to the same level that YF is at.
    All the best!

Let me be one of the first to post a photo of said subject.

Attached Files:

6. Norseman

Norseman Member

Thanks Carl and be careful: Fly low and slow..:D

Refreshing with a brand new forum, lets keep it clean and honest with a bit of humor in the Mile High Club: Gentlemen Start Your Engines.
  7. Alfred

Alfred New Member

Best of luck Carl, no doubt this forum will be as popular as its older sibling.

Great work as usual.

Regards,
    Alfred
  8. Old Phart

Old Phart New Member

Good Luck and Best Wishes

Still trying to ascertain a reason to jump out of a perfectly good aircraft.

Anyone having any input should start a thread to enlighten me.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.- Other than D. B. Cooper's reason, that is.
  9. Norseman

Norseman Member

Well, I had a good reason back in 1982: My girlfriend ditched me for somebody else and to help forget her, I took up parachute jumping.
    Crushed left ankle on first jump and it worked: I quickly forgot about the girl. Had other things on my mind..:rolleyes:
  10. hepotec

hepotec New Member

Just got the email about the new forum, I'm a long time lurker over on YF from when I was living in Poole on the South Coast of England. I'm now living in the peak District, pretty much under the flight path for Manchester airport so get to see some interesting jets flying around now and then. I enjoy a good airshow as well so I guess I'll be lurking here too :D
  11. JetForums

I hope you'll retire your lurking status and help us get this virtual airshow started!
  12. CapLady

CapLady New Member

Carl,

Thank you for the invitation. While I have spent my life involved with the yachting industry, I have always been interested and enjoyed jet aviation. I have been fortunate to have flown on some beautiful aircraft since my early 20's. Just love the smell of jet fuel in the morning! :)

I'm sure this will be a wonderful forum!
  13. Spike62

Spike62 New Member

Thanks for the invite, Carl. I hope that I, along with various aviationistas, can contribute to your great idea. Keep up the good work and hopefully, we'll get some great stories and pics on here for the rest of us to gloat and slaver over!
  14. Milow232

Milow232 New Member

Again congratulations for your stunning new forum. The wait was it worth even if I did not get an invitation. :eek:

I will now take time to stroll through the forums and educate myself.
  15. JetAviator

JetAviator New Member

Long time YF lurker here. Have dreams of retiring on a boat some day, but keeping a fleet of birds in the air leaves little time for water. I'll keep an eye on JetForums. Might have something to add here. ;)
  16. Norseman

Norseman Member

So I tried to upload an avatar, but "Remote File is Too Large".

How do I make it smaller...?

(Edit: Oversized image removed.)
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
  17. aviator4512

aviator4512 New Member

Tom,

Is this a Global Express?
  18. travler

travler New Member

i don't know. it might be a new G 650. LOL

TRAVLER
  19. JetForums

Dag,

I'll miniaturize your pic into an avatar when I return from a biz trip. Currently in Charleston, logging on from an iPad. Back tomorrow.
  20. Kevin

Kevin JF Moderator

Norseman, I fixed your avatar for you and deleted the massive image posted in this thread.