Click for Dassault Click for Hawker Click for Gulfstream Click for YachtForums Click for Westport

Daher Socata News

Discussion in 'Daher-Socata Turboprops' started by Jet News, May 7, 2020.

1. Jet News

Jet News JF News Editor Staff Member

The expedited delivery of emergency medical equipment to California – which has been hard-hit by the COVID-19 pandemic – was performed by Daher in a joint effort with Percussionaire Corporation, the producer of ventilators for treatment of critically ill patients.

Daher and Percussionaire both have operations in Sandpoint, Idaho, and they teamed up to airlift 240 high-frequency percussive ventilators to California’s capital city of Sacramento during two flights on April 15-16, utilizing a new-production Kodiak 100 Series II airplane. "Daher has the same culture of helping people as Percussionaire, and we recognized the importance of making the airlift resources available for this life-saving equipment," explained Nicolas Chabbert, Senior Vice President of the Daher Aircraft Division.

Jason Eddy, Vice President of Operations at Daher’s Sandpoint facility, added: “These delivery flights also exemplified how Kodiak airplanes are regularly used in point-to-point dedicated air service, as well as between remote locations. This is why the Kodiak was created, and is invaluable in bringing communities together around the world."
  2. Jet News

Daher enhances the “Me & My TBM” application with new functionality and interactivity for operators of its TBM very fast turboprop aircraft

Daher recently released the latest version of its “Me & My TBM” application, incorporating enhancements based on user feedback from across the owner/operator community for its TBM very fast turboprop aircraft family. The Me & My TBM application leverages Daher’s expertise in the field of big data to collect, process and analyze the more than four million datapoints generated each day by the TBM in-service fleet.

With this fourth iteration of the cloud-based application, a key functionality improvement is the ability to generate flight reports directly from the app, including an analysis of airport approaches and landings against the key parameters of the stabilized approach criteria. With the reports, TBM pilots are now able to scrutinize their flights data during critical phases, reviewing the path, the airspeed and pitch at key approach points (at 500ft, at 50ft, at touch down), with associated engine torque and vertical speed.

In addition, users of the Me & My TBM app can obtain trend analyses in order to visualize their progress over time. This is achieved using a range of indicators over longer time periods, from weeks and months to the full duration of the application’s utilization with a TBM. This offers an innovative insight on aircraft operations, as well as provides a new set of data for a pilot’s recurrent training program based on actual flight history and performance.

Additionally, flight times are automatically transmitted into the CAMP maintenance tracking system, which enables the software to display maintenance status information directly on the app’s flights page, removing the last manual action that pilots still had to do to keep their records in sync. Version 4 of the application has new elements for the “Aviator” challenge – the friendly competition that enables pilots to compare their adherence to established flight standards, as well as optionally compare with others in the TBM community. A new Aviator a percentage scoring indicates how a pilot’s flights key points match up with the reference as well as compared to the participating fleet. This new percentage relative score, contrarily to the points, allows to quickly get comparable figures whether you fly a lot or not.

“This fourth version of our ‘Me & My TBM’ application is a more mature development that generates additional information to gauge a pilot’s performance and keeps the aircraft’s maintenance status up to date,” commented Nicolas Chabbert, the Senior Vice President of Daher’s Aircraft Division. “These enhancements are the direct result of inputs provided by the TBM pilot community as well as a collaboration with TBMOPA, the TBM owners association, and they benefit from on-going developments by Daher’s analytics team.” The Me & My TBM application is offered in versions for Android and iOS devices, available from their respective on-line app stores. A demo airplane can be followed with the following codes:

• ID: demo
    • Password: Dahertbm123
  3. Jet News

Daher has added MecanAir for Maintenance on Daher aircraft. In the past MecanAir has done Mx work on Kodiak Aircraft, in fact they are an authorized service center for Kodiak aircraft. Now that Daher owns Kodiak, it seems like this is the direction they are going in. "This is another important step in enhancing our global network after Daher’s acquisition of Kodiak in 2019," explained Daher aircraft division senior v-p and Kodiak Aircraft CEO Nicolas Chabbert. "With MecanAir’s dual Kodiak and TBM authorization today—to be followed by other service centers in the future—customers will benefit from more comprehensive coverage...of our network worldwide."

Attached Files:

4. Jet News

Daher had a high-profile presence at France Air Expo – the only major general aviation show organized in Europe during 2021 – exhibiting the TBM and Kodiak turboprop product lines, as well as joining with its authorized European distributors: Rheinland Air Service for Germany and Austria; and Flying Smart for the UK and Ireland. The show was held June 17-19 at Lyon-Bron Airport and Daher showcased their top-of-the-line TBM 940 version and the Kodiak 100.

Attached Files:

5. Jet News

Earlier this month Daher announced the delivery of a TBM 940 to UNC Air Operations – the flight department for the UNC Hospital and the University of North Carolina (UNC) – bringing this customer’s fleet to three of the TBM-family very fast turboprop aircraft. All three TBMs operate from the University of North Carolina’s flight department at Raleigh-Durham International Airport in Morrisville, North Carolina, and the combined fleet is expected to log approximately 1,000 hours annually. The top-of-the-line TBM 940 joins a TBM 850 that was received in February 2012, and a TBM 700C2 delivered in March 2011.

"UNC’s fleet expansion underscores this operator’s confidence in the TBM aircraft family and Daher’s support network, while also reflecting the advantages of our constant improvement strategy – which has evolved the very fast turboprop aircraft to our current TBM 940 and TBM 910 versions," commented Nicolas Chabbert, the Senior Vice President of Daher’s Aircraft Division. "We’re proud that a highly-respected operator such as the University of North Carolina has once again chosen the TBM for a fleet that transports doctors, hospital personnel, university administrators, and coaches for its sports teams."

Attached Files:

6. Jet News

Daher is rated no. 1 for aftersales service with its TBM very fast turboprop aircraft in Professional Pilot magazine’s yearly corporate aviation support survey, topping all criteria within the turboprop sector of this publication’s 2021 appraisal. It marks the first time Daher has earned the top rating for turboprops in the Pro Pilot survey, with its 9.05 score representing the largest increase overall across any of the world’s turboprop- and jet-powered corporate aircraft manufacturers covered by the magazine’s latest annual analysis. "The survey reflects Daher’s 12 years of continuous improvement in services to attain a high level of customer satisfaction, and I thank all TBM owners who provided their input for the 2021 poll," stated Nicolas Chabbert, the Senior Vice President of Daher’s Aircraft Division. "Contributing to our success is the focus on standardizing the global network of approved Service Centers and dealers, along with the commitment of our dedicated TBM Care team members. The results also represent a true change in the services mindset at Daher that extends to a focus on design, quality in production and the sales experience, as well."
  7. Jet News

The initial TBM 940 from an order of four for DGA-EV, France’s government-run Flight Test organization was delivered by Daher today, with these very fast turboprop aircraft modified for assignments in both testing and training.

Attached Files:

8. Jet News

Daher hassigned an agreement to acquire Triumph Group’s metallic aerostructures production and assembly business in Stuart, Florida. "This acquisition is perfectly aligned with Daher’s ‘Succeed Together’ strategic plan, including the goal of significantly developing our North American activities across all of the company’s divisions," said Daher CEO Didier Kayat. "We strengthened our aircraft manufacturing business by acquiring [Sandpoint, Idaho-based] Kodiak in 2019, and also have achieved significant organic growth in our services activities."

Attached Files:

9. Jet News

Daher’s Aircraft Division announced the deliveries of 68 aircraft from its Kodiak and TBM single-engine turboprop product lines in 2021, along with record orders for another 50 of these aircraft to be delivered during 2022. Last year’s deliveries were led by 51 TBM very fast turboprop family airplanes in the TBM 940 and TBM 910 versions.

Attached Files:

10. Jet News

Daher recently announced the startup of deliveries for its latest very fast turboprop aircraft version – the TBM 960 – which brings the advantages of digital power for enhanced operational safety and efficiency, improved aviation sustainability, facilitated maintenance and increased cabin comfort. The milestone TBM was received by a German-based businessman, who will operate it for corporate and private trips – primarily in Europe. This unnamed customer, who owned a non-pressurized single-engine piston aircraft, currently is completing instrument training and will fly with his flight instructor as a mentor pilot until gaining experience in the TBM 960. Factors that influenced his acquisition decision included the flight instructor’s recommendation, the aircraft’s cost/performance ratio, and the ability to operate from shorter-length airport runways.

Attached Files:

11. Jet News

12. Jet News

U.S Deliveries for the TBM 960 are now underway. The initial two TBM 960s for U.S. customers departed June 25 from the Tarbes, France headquarters of Daher’s Aircraft Division on their ferry flights, arriving at separate TBM authorized distributors in the Midwest and U.S. West Coast for the handovers to their owners.

Attached Files:

13. Jet News

Daher launched the Daher Aviator Marketplace as the official e-commerce portal for parts, services and branded products – covering the company’s in-production and legacy airplanes. Address is https://parts.daher.aero/ The Marketplace provides a single-source access to a complete inventory of genuine parts from Daher and its original equipment manufacturer (OEM) suppliers. It currently covers the family of Daher TBM very fast turboprop aircraft, while the inventory for Daher’s Kodiak utility/multi-role airplanes will soon be available. Products and services for the legacy TB and Rallye-series general aviation airplanes – which were produced by Daher predecessor companies – also are available, as these out-of-production aircraft continue to be supported by Daher. Access to the full Marketplace is provided for the Daher Network of authorized distributors and service centers. The products range from rivets to wing sub-assemblies, while the scope of maintenance services include the overhaul of parts and components, as well as upgrades for aircraft and systems. The Marketplace’s publicly-accessible area is called the Pilot Shop, which offers a diverse product selection such as aircraft tow bars, bulbs and lights, covers for pitot tubes and air intakes, aircraft safety instruction cards and headsets. Also included is selected branded merchandise.

Attached Files:

14. Jet News

Daher has delivered its 1,100th TBM, underscoring the success of this highly efficient very fast turboprop aircraft family and highlighting the popularity of the TBM900-series – which has evolved through the company’s strategy of continuous operational improvements and commitment to enhanced sustainability. This milestone aircraft is a TBM 960 – the latest top-of-the-line TBM version – which benefits from Daher’s application of digital power for enhanced operating economics, along with a superior piloting experience and increased cabin comfort.

Attached Files:

15. Jet News

For the third consecutive year, Daher has topped Professional Pilot (Pro Pilot) magazine’s annual Product Support Survey in the turboprop airplane category, with both the TBM and Kodiak aircraft included in this leading industry publication’s ratings for the first time. In achieving the no. 1 position, Daher swept the 2023 Pro Pilot survey with top marks in all seven categories for which aircraft owners and operators are asked to judge: company response time; spares availability; cost of parts; speed in AOG service (aircraft on ground); technical manuals, technical representatives; and service satisfaction.

“Customer service and operational safety go hand-in-hand as the top priorities at Daher, and this survey once again is a confirmation of our commitment in these critical areas,” said Nicolas Chabbert, the Senior Vice President of Daher’s Aircraft Division, and CEO of Kodiak Aircraft. “My thanks go to the TBM and Kodiak owners/operators who participated in the 2023 Pro Pilot survey. I also want to acknowledge the dedication of our own TBM Care and Kodiak Care teams, as well as members of the global Service Center Network.”

Attached Files:

16. Jet News

Daher recently announced the delivery of its 100th TBM 960, which was provided to a Californian businessman who is stepping up from a piston-engine airplane to this top-of-the-line member of the high-speed, turboprop-powered TBM aircraft family. The milestone TBM 960 was received by Kevin Kaseff, the President of Titan Real Estate Investment Group, Inc. – a private commercial real estate investment firm. Kaseff acquired his TBM 960 through Camarillo, California-based Avex, which is Daher’s authorized TBM distributor for the Southwestern United States. He joins the growing community of Daher TBM aviators in North America and worldwide.

“My home base is near Santa Maria on California’s Central Coast, which has very limited commercial airline service, so having a personal airplane is extremely valuable as I continue to develop my business,” Kaseff explained. “When I decided to upgrade from a piston-engine airplane to a high-performance aircraft, I searched the market and found that the TBM 960 was the best choice for me.” Kaseff added: “The TBM 960 offers the efficiency I was looking for in terms of speed, range and airport access. And its turboprop engine generates less carbon emissions than a jet.” The TBM 960 is the latest evolution of Daher’s pressurized single-engine turboprop aircraft product line. Launched commercially in April 2022, it is the fifth evolution in the TBM 900 series, and benefits from today’s turboprop technology and digital power.

Attached Files: