Click for YachtForums Click for Boeing Click for Gulfstream Click for HondaJet Click for Dassault

Early Model EA500 fuel pumps...

Discussion in 'Eclipse Jet' started by BIZNAWICH, Apr 28, 2020.

1. BIZNAWICH

BIZNAWICH New Member

Hello folks.

I have a question concerning the EA500.

I worked for Central New Mexico Community College from 2006 through 2011. I was the Colleges liaison for Eclipse Aviation which had its initial/original production facility (assembling the EA500) at the Albuquerque International Airport (Sunport).

Long story short…when Eclipse Aviation went toes up in 2008 (however temporarily) they left behind quite a number of parts for the EA500 that were being used to train their new hire employees destined for the assembly plant...the parts were comprised of predominately air-frame sections.

Among these parts though, (the ones no one seemed to care about ostensibly) were 2 "engine start" inline fuel pumps

The descriptions of these pumps are as follows (they are identical except for serial numbers):

Manufacturer: ARGO-TECH CORPORATION; CLEVELAND, OHIO; USA

FSCM 59875

Model #:842800-2

ATCM PN 62256-3 REV-

SERIAL #(s): 00058-date of manufacture 0606 : 00083-date of manufacture 0607

Question: Are these pumps still viable?

I am a retired A&P/AI and I personally believe they are but you never know. These fuel pumps were new when the air-frame sections to which they were attached were delivered to me at the training facility.

I wouldn’t consider selling them if even possible (I still tinker with flying machines) but for the current environment created by the Corona-19 pandemic which, along with many other folks, has put a strain on my own personal financial situation.

Both pumps were still mounted to wing roots when delivered to my shop. They were in process of being attached to a viable EA500 air-frame at the factory when it was noticed that neither lined up correctly; it turned out both were built backwards that is, with reversed “washout”. The wings were both forwarded to my shop where the assembly techs were being trained. This kind of thing happened often as it seems to during the start-up phase of any enterprise and since the facility I supervised for the College was for "air-frame assembly" technicians not appliance, hydraulic, avionics or any other rate the parts were removed and shelved. In any case if anyone knows of someone that could use one or both, e-mail me and we’ll see if something can be worked. Thanks. Bruce Jennings.