Click for Dassault Click for YachtForums Click for Gulfstream Click for Bombardier Click for Daher-Socata

Equipping a jet with floats...?

Discussion in 'Jet Aviation Discussion' started by JetForums, Jan 15, 2013.

1. JetForums

JetForums Publisher/Admin

In December, I was on a sea trial that began way up the New River in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. While taking detail shots for an upcoming review on YachtForums, my lens focused on an unusual picture; a Sabreliner with its wings clipped, taking up residence at a marina along New River.

In 2010, this Sabre was loaded onto a barge for the Ft. Lauderdale Christmas Boat Parade and used to promote Sky Limo Air Charter. I haven't been to the parade in a couple of years, so I can't say if it's still in service, sorta speak.

For those not familiar with the area known as Marina Mile, there are no runways nearby so the Sabre looks like a fish out water. It's currently located at a refit/repair yard. You don't suppose they are equipping it with floats? ;)
  2. Jet News

Jet News JF News Editor Staff Member

For the wealthy, boats and planes go together but in this case, certainly looks glaringly out of its element. P.S that first image for a few seconds I couldn't tell whether the plane was floating on the water or not, the marl surface...looked like water initially.
  3. Jet News

Jet News JF News Editor Staff Member

Maybe this jet should have been equipped with floats...These so-called 'Ice Pilots' had to ditch this Electra on it's belly when the port-side gear wouldn't deploy after numerous attempts.

***​

Attached Files: