Click for Hawker Click for Boeing Click for Embraer Click for Dassault Click for YachtForums

News: RFDS Accepts New Specially Outfitted Pilatus PC-24

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pilatus Delivers Specially Outfitted PC-24 To RFDS
    Pilatus Aircraft tends to tout the versatility of their new PC-24 light jet especially in terms of its ability to operate for short runways and now going through its paces for testing on unproven surfaces. However, they are also making the interior very versatile as well. Royal Flying Doctor Service just took delivery of their new PC-24 and as you might imagine, this interior is not an executive interior setup. The delivery of this aeromedical version to the Australian RFDS happened yesterday.
  2. Rebecca Tomkinson commented at the handover: "The Royal Flying Doctor Service Western Operations is proud to be introducing with Pilatus the first Rio Tinto Lifeflight PC-24 into service in Australia. The innovative aeromedical interior is the first of its kind in the world – a game changer for patient outcomes and improving health care to regional and remote Australians." Pilatus also commented on the milestone delivery. Oscar J. Schwenk, Chairman of Pilatus added: "The PC-24 will become the emergency ward in the sky and will almost half the time for long-haul critical patient scenarios. I am positive that the PC-24 will ideally supplement the existing fleet of PC-12s of the RFDS. The PC-24 will enable the RFDS to enhance the outstanding service that they provide to the Australian people. In the name of Pilatus, I would like to express my most sincere thanks for the trust and I am extremely proud that the RFDS now flies the Pilatus PC-24 as the first Super Versatile Jet medevac operator in the world." Of course to outfit this aircraft with a high-quality medical grade interior required a special STC (supplemental type certificate). Aerolite AG, a Swiss company specializing in aircraft medical interiors, partnered with Pilatus to install the interior.

For more information:

Pilatus Aircraft Ltd
    Stans, Switzerland
    www.pilatus-aircraft.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.