Click for HondaJet Click for YachtForums Click for Piper Click for Daher-Socata Click for Hawker

Rare Birds!

Discussion in 'Jet Aviation Discussion' started by hepotec, Jul 10, 2012.

1. hepotec

hepotec New Member

A couple of years ago I was very happy to get up to the Windermere Air Show (One of the UK's smaller free air shows) as Vulcan XH558 was visiting. I remember seeing the Vulcans at air shows as a child and just being totally awestruck by the size, beauty and above all, the sheer noise of one of these iconic cold war beasts in a flat out climb :eek:

I wasn't at all disappointed as the sight and sound of XH558 flying over the hills and lakes of the Lake District was stunning. The shots here really don't do it justice, but I hope you enjoy :)

Attached Files:

2. hepotec

hepotec New Member

And a couple more;

Attached Files:

3. JetForums

JetForums Publisher/Admin

Hepotec,

I started a new thread for your XH558 pics titled; Rare Birds! I thought this might become a popular subject...
  4. hepotec

hepotec New Member

Sounds good to me and I'll certainly look forward to seeing more :)
  5. hepotec

hepotec New Member

Ok, here's a few Saabs from last years trip to Sweden. If you ever have an afternoon to spare around Gothenburg, I can well recommend a trip to the Aeroseum. It's inside an ex Swedish Airforce bunker and has some great exhibits. (Space can be a bit tight to get decent photos it must be said :rolleyes:) They even have a couple of simulators you can have a go in, a Cessna and a Draken, or it might be a Viggen, I've slept since then :D

Saab 32 Lansing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. hepotec

hepotec New Member

Saab 29 Tunnen

[​IMG]

Saab 35 Draken

[​IMG]

Saab 37 Viggen

[​IMG]
  7. JetForums

I visited Gothenburg about 6 years ago on a press event sponsored by Volvo-Penta. I would have enjoyed seeing this facility, but immediately following the event, we were shuttled off on a high-speed train across Sweden for a weekend in Stockholm. Sorry I missed the Saab museum!
  8. hepotec

hepotec New Member

It's not just a Saab museum, they just happened to be the best shots of jets I had :D They have a large selection showing the history of flight including gliders, helicopters and even a large display of fantasticly well made models. Very definitely worth a look if you're ever there again.
  9. JetForums

My bad! Should have looked at the link. Juggling more then my cerebral capacity these days.
  10. hepotec

hepotec New Member

:D no worries, I know the feeling LOL!!