Click for Gulfstream Click for Hawker Click for Westport Click for YachtForums Click for Piper

Remote Controlled; Scale Jets

Discussion in 'The Ten Mile High Club' started by Jet News, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Jet News

Jet News JF News Editor Staff Member

This is a cool one of a Cessna Citation 525. Do you RC? Show us your working model plane! Or cool RC jet vids.

2. JetForums

JetForums Publisher/Admin

1/9th scale Gulfstream GIV. Twin Jetcat P-80. Weight: 71lbs with fuel...

3. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Very realistic model. You must hear the sound!

I would hate crashing one of those models. They must be really expensive.
  4. JetForums

A turboprop Pilatus? Would love to see the reduction/transmission system. That's the first time I've seen such a contraption in remote control aircraft. Great find HTMO. Thanks for posting!
  5. Jet News

A Dassault Falcon 20 RC jet

6. JetForums

You know it's big when your fuel tanks are a pair of 2-litre soda bottles! Took some scale liberties on those Falcon struts, but when flying from a grass field, best to have additional clearance. Great find Ron!
  7. JetForums

The new HondaJet...!

8. JetForums

Interesting flight perspective at 35 seconds on this G650..

9. JetForums

Nice scale flight of a Dassault Falcon 8X...

10. JetForums

Landing is a little dicey, but otherwise an Epic flight...

11. JetForums

Victory jet doubles as a snow blower...!

12. JetForums

Another interesting flight perspective...

13. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

One more. A fast Jet, civil, big, noisy and expensive. Well built and even more, well flown !!!

I have filled several flight logbooks in my life but I could never bring one of those RC Jets safely down.
  14. JetForums

WOW, the Concord's can even actuate the cockpit/nose cones. Really impressive to see TWO of these in the air, or 8 turbines depending how you measure. Wonder what the fuel bill was for that flight? ;)
  15. Jet News

Boeing 777-9X in new Lufthansa livery. I have been watching this guy build this from the start... and this is to the point he has reached in the build...

16. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

As I said before, the RC, especially the Scale Scene is pretty active in Europe. GB, Switzerland and Germany are probably the more active countries among these freeks in Europe.

My son in law and his oldest son, my grand son of course, are RC plane builders and pilots too. Not expensive scale models and no jets, just semi scale E-powered planes built from kits. Every year my son in law and me are taking the boy to the anual RC Jet Air Show on a little airfield close to Bremen in northern Germany.

Some of this model planes on static and flying display are so complex and so expensive to build and maintain that one may wonder what the devorse rate with those guys is. They appear to be average people with normal income. Some of these models cost more than 20.000,- to 30.000 Euros to build and with the surrounding equipment neccessary for that hobby (workshop, tools, materials, transport trailers or even special cars) one might think, a lot of resourses taken away from the family. Plus the time spend with and for that hobby, one must have some understanding if a wife complains or even walkes away.

And as You said Carl, the technical evolution of the RC world is breathtaking. My deceased older brother was a RC builder and pilot in the sixties. He had the absolute state of the art equipment of that time. A 2 Channel analog Heathkit remote control for the rudder control of his Cox PeeWee powered glider made of Balsa and covered with fabric. Later a 8 Channel control for rudder, pitch, aileron and throttle of his little acro plane. What a difference to todays fancy equipment.

Anyway a great hobby and a great thread to follow. But my grand son is calling himself only a interim RC pilot. He keeps saying, as soon as he would be old enough for obtaining a pilot license, he will convert to 1 : 1 scale models with at least one cockpit seat. In a very few years, I will have to lock away my gliders :).
  17. Jet News

F-16 RC model with some pretty slick moves from the pilot.

18. Jet News

Carl, I know you like your RC Helicopters... it isn't a plane but this is cool.

19. JetForums

I've never seen an electric heli that big! Must be a Tesla battery in the belly! ;)
  20. Jet News

Latest video of the Boeing 777-9X in Lufthansa Livery