Click for Boeing Click for Dassault Click for Embraer Click for Cessna Click for Westport

Welcome to the new JetForums!

Discussion in 'The Ten Mile High Club' started by JetForums, Jul 6, 2014.

1. JetForums

JetForums Publisher/Admin

The migration from vB to XF is complete.
  2. JetForums

Finally off the tarmac. Hijacker left behind!

Attached Files:

Jet News likes this.
  3. Jet News

Jet News JF News Editor Staff Member

It is quite different but I like it, it will take some getting used to.
  4. JetForums

There will certainly be a transition period for everyone, but we have no choice. vBulletin had too many vulnerabilities. Xenforo is a more secure platform. In many ways, it is better.
  5. Ward

Ward New Member

Just logged in for the first time, a couple comments:
    • I had a heck of a time finding the "login" link. On YF, it's extremely obvious what to click to log in, here it took me a while to try the Quick Menu link on the top right.
    • Maybe I missed it, it might be worth mentioning on YF that if you had an account before, it's still valid.
    • I use the "Read New Posts" search feature all the time on YF, is there something like that here? (And if not, will you add it?)
    • I guess you'd prefer (or require?) aviation-related avatars here?
    I think you've done a good job keeping the look and feel comfortably familiar with xF compared to vB. I like the post editor here more already!
  6. Ward

Ward New Member

Ok, I see the "New Posts" link right at the top is actually similar to what I'm used to on YF, it just looked different because I haven't read anything here!
  7. JetForums

Hi Ward,

• The log-in certainly isn't as visible as YF, mostly because XenForo's software streamlines some basic functions.
    • All member accounts carried over from vBulletin, so new registrations are unnecessary.
    • I see you found the New Posts link on the navbar!
    • On avatars, yes... same protocol. Thanks for uploading a topic related image. :)